On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Friday, June 21, 2013

I'm nobody, who are you?

So I saw the orthopedist this morning.  He recommended another month of slings to keep things steady. I don't know what I'd do without my Kindle to read my way through boredom.

I've also set up five knitting/cross-stitch projects, but I really need my left arm more than I thought I would. I'm hoping each day I'll get stronger.

Two girls from Old Miss stopped by this afternoon.  One is a neighbor down the street and the other, from Virginia, will be her new roommate next September.

1 comment:

  1. Are slings more comfortable than the cast was? I hope so. Kindles are wonderful. Good thing you like reading. Do you play games on them too? I have just the black and white kindle so can't get too many but it gives me a change of pace from reading.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails