On 01.02.02, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Too late for surgery, I had chemotherapy, which failed. In May the chemotherapy was changed and I was soon in remission which was celebrated and welcome and lasted nine years - until October 2011. There was progression in 2011 so more treatment was indicated and I am now back in partial remission. But I'm not only a cancer patient - I also enjoy my family, walk my dogs and am learning to draw and paint. Life is good!

Monday, June 03, 2013

One bad day

A southern Illinois friend of Steve's e-mailed this photo of a box turtle (I think). I grew up in southern Illinois too and recall myself sitting on my backyard swing and suddenly noticing a turtle crossing in front of me.

That's the one good thing from today. Otherwise it was a day of misery. Pain was under control, but there was major v & d (you're smart, figure it out), general weakness so I couldn't take care of myself and major fear of falling and/or wasting away. It's hard to eat even 1,000 calories on days when I'd rather not eat at all - and that's when I start to panic.

The worst was when I accidently got a gallon of water (maybe more) down my cast (at least the shower felt great before that happened). I turned the hair dryer on it which helped some, but mostly it's just cold and clammy. I'll stop by orthopedics tomorrow when I'll already be in the building and see what they want to do about it. I think the game plan was to remove the cast on Wednesday so it might not be the disaster it feels like tonight.

Oh, dear.

1 comment:

  1. Well sh--! (you are smart too). This isn't good. As far as the cast goes, if they don't want to take it off for good, they'll put a new one on. They won't (shouldn't anyhow) leave you in a wet cast. I hope the v and d goes away asap. That doesn't let you absorb any of those 1000 calories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails